Integrated Systems Nanofabrication Cleanroom (ISNC) New Users
How to Become a New User
INSC New User Instructions:
All ISNC Users must attend Orientation and Safety Wlakthrough meetings. In addition, users must pass the ISNC Safety Test, attend ISNC Core Training, and have valid UCLA EHS Lab Safety Fundamental Concepts certification.
Step 1 – CNSI Account Signup
- If already a user of the CNSI Technology Centers, access account and request Authorization to ISNC.
- If not, signup for a CLMS Account at http://clms.cnsi.ucla.edu/cnsi/clms/request-account.
- Billing information needed – Recharge#, FAU#, PO# or Credit Card.
Step 2 – ISNC Forms
There are 3 forms that need to be completely filled out and brought to the Orientation Meeting.
- New User Application – Requires user & PI’s signature. Also billing information – recharge#, FAU#, PO# or Credit Card.
- CNSI Technology Centers User Agreement – Requires user & PI’s signature.
- Bring all these forms to the Orientation Meeting. There is no signup for the meeting. Schedule can be found on the ISNC lab management website (Labrunr) –http://126.96.36.199/Calendar.aspx
Step 3 – ISNC Orientation Meeting
- The Orientation Meeting is typically scheduled for 1st or 2nd Friday of the month from 10am to 12pm.
- Please see ISNC Calendar for exact date.
- Please bring completed and signed New User Application, Project Form and CNSI Technology CentersUser Agreement
Step 4 – ISNC On-Line Safety Test
- On-line ISNC Safety Test must be taken by all New Users.
- Test Completion Deadline is typically 5 days after the Orientation Meeting.
- More details about this test at Orientation.
Step 5 – ISNC Safety Walkthrough
- The Safety Walkthrough is typically 1 week after Orientation Meeting.
- It is normally scheduled in the morning, 10am to 12pm.
- Only those passing the Safety Test are allowed to attend the Walkthrough.
Step 6- ISNC Core Training
- Core Training is typically scheduled immediately after the Safety Walkthrough. It is scheduled for 12pm to 2pm the same day as the Safety Walkthrough.
- Core Training is mandatory for all ISNC Users and includes training on HF/BOE, Wet Benches, Nanospec and Microscopes.
Step 7 – UCLA EHS Safety Training:
- All Lab Researchers at UCLA (academic and industry) must have valid UCLA EHS Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts (LSFC) certification. The certification expires after 1 year.
- For first time trainees and for recertification, the trainings are offered On-Line. Please see https://ehs.ucla.edu/training-support/courses/labsafety and follow instructions for registration using Worksafe. EHS will send an email verifying that you have passed the course.
- For ISNC membership, forward the EHS email (indicating LSFC certification) to ISNC Staff.
- Cleanroom Lab access will be denied until this requirement is met